Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2015

Anzac Letter

Dear Mum

I can hardly get any sleep here with the shooting going on throughout the night. Never was there a minute of silence over here. Days passed without any sleep for me and many other soldiers in this war. Sleeping on this hard soil is unbearable, sometimes I think that death would take the pain and misery away from me. But the thought of returning home and seeing my beloved family again motivates me to keep going.

Many soldiers eat food like hard tack biscuits, moldy cheese and have condensed milk in their porridge and only had 2L of water. They don’t get a lot of food but at least they get fed enough food. We also have coffee to keep us hydrated.

Since I’ve been here I’ve felt so stressed out. I’m forgetting the whole reason of this dreadful war. Many soldiers feel the same way. Sometimes it’s hard not to get scared in front of everyone because you might be embarrassed and you're probably claimed to be the bravest.

Yours Sincerely Michael

Here is my Anzac letter that I had to write and pretend that I was a solder that was writing to his beloved family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment